Benign frontal meningioma, gamma knife surgery. Recommended?

ENT Specialist
Hi. am a 54 year old woman diagnosed with benign frontal meningioma.(2.7*2.2 cm).Would a gamma knife surgery be feasible?
Posted Tue, 8 May 2012 in Brain Tumor
Answered by Dr. Puneet Maheshwari 29 minutes later

Thanks for the query,

Benign frontal mengioma is a tumor, that grows at a extremely slow rate, and it does not metastasizes. In your case the size is not too large. This type of tumor produces only symptoms like vomiting , headache, seizures etc, But the symptoms will not increase in intensity.

Now, let me tell you about gamma knife surgery....

Gamma Knife surgery is a well established treatment for brain tumors, arteriovenous malformations.

The Gamma Knife offers a non-invasive alternative for many patients for whom traditional brain surgery is not an option.

Gamma Knife surgery removes the physical trauma and the majority of risks associated with conventional surgery.

This effective single session treatment may require an overnight hospital stay.
So these are some of the benefits of this surgery.

In your case it is the best treatment. I advise, to go for it.

Dont worry, reoccurance rate is very low in this case.

Hope this answer will help you. I will be ready for future followups.

Follow-up: Benign frontal meningioma, gamma knife surgery. Recommended? 11 hours later
Hi ,shall be grateful if a Neurosurgeon answered my question.Thank you v. much.
Answered by Dr. Puneet Maheshwari 6 hours later

Well, before answering this I have discussed your query with the well known neurosurgeon, known to me Dr XXXXXXX Hasan(M.Ch).

My opinion is you may go for Gamma Knife Surgery, dont worry you will be alright.

Wish you Good Health.