Benign fasciculations in calves,cramps in feet,ankles,toes,Gabapentin 800 mg daily,neuropathy,hypertension,low back pain,osteoporosis

I have Benign fasiculations in my calves and often cramping of feet, ankles, and or toes. I have been treated by a Neurologist and prescribed Gabapentin. I take 800 mg a day. The Drug helps 80%. The doctor is not positive about what I have. The tests have shown a minute amount of neuropathy. Is it okay to travel for fun to places like Africa with this condition? I am ok most of the time but wonder if I should go out of the United States, expecially to third world countries??. I I am fit and 67 female, my weight is 140# and I am 5"5" and have moderate hypertension controlled with Diovan. I walk and hike about four times a week for and hour each time. Work full time in an office at a computer
I also often have low back pain, helped by Yoga and or stretching and sometimes physical therapy. I take vitamins, and fish oil. Thank you. My blood tests are always normal. I have Osteoporosis but no breaks or symptoms.
Posted Mon, 30 Apr 2012 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Sapan J. Pandya 33 minutes later

From the history hat you have provided your medical conditions appear well managed. You may travel wherever you want, including Africa. Benign fasciculations or mild neuropathy as such are no reason to avoid travel.

Maintain your positive attitude and avoid too much stress or anxiety as they can worsen symptoms of benign fasciculations. Also avoid Caffeine in all forms.

Hope I have answered your query. I am available for any follow up queries that you may have.