Benefits and side effects of insulin plus, autrin? Are there natural substitutes for these?

Can I get the benefits and side-effects of the following prescription in detail?

3. Also what are the natural substitutes for each of the above medicines

Posted Thu, 25 Apr 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Prasad Akole 52 minutes later
Dear friend, welcome and thanks for entrusting your query here at Healthcaremagic!
I am Dr. Prasad Akole (Critical Care Expert- and am glad to address to your query here.

I think you have mis-spelt it as insulin plus. If you meant Inulin plus, it is an inulin dietary fibre supplement- a kind of starch believed to improve the digestive function. It promotes some beneficial gut bacteria and improve digestion.
In our evidence based allopathic practice, it is not routinely prescribed and not recommended in guidelines.
They are prebiotics and are thought to be beneficial. More research is needed to prove clear benefits.
It may cause bloating and gas formation as side-effect. It may cause allergy.
Autrin is a combination of ferrous fumarate and folic acid.
It is iron and folic acid vitamin combination and is used to treat iron deficiency and megaloblastic anaemia.
It can cause gastritis (acidity) and black stools. Rarely iron hypersensitivity and reaction may occur.
If your CBC was normal, you need not have iron supplements, unless iron loss is ongoing.
It can cause acidity.
Natural substitutes:
Inulin plus: fruits and their skins, vegetables, whole pulses (with skins) etc.
Autrin: jaggery, green leafy vegetables, organ meats, soyabeans etc.

I hope to have answered your query satisfactorily. I would be glad to answer any further queries. Please ask for any clarifications before closing and rating this query.
Take care and please keep me informed of your progress at
Good Luck! Thank you!!