Belly button zits, bleed, grow bigger. STD?

I have about 50 zits sitting below my belly button. when I pop them, blood comes out, and then they grow bigger. They dont itch, but they are annoying. Is this a STD. I am worried
Posted Sat, 14 Apr 2012 in Skin Rash
Answered by Dr. Bharat Chawda 26 minutes later

Thank you for the query,
XXXXXXX I would just like to confirm the appearance of these lesions. Are they small raised red colored lesions over the abdomen ?
If so, then at this age the most common finding which we see over the abdomen is "CHERRY ANGIOMA". These are small collection of blood or small group of capillaries over pressure area of the body. They may ooze blood if squeezed.

They are completely benign condition and are related to aging process.
It is not a sign of any STD and you should not be worried at all.

But you can get it removed for cosmetic reason if you want to .You can either get a LASER done or a ELECTRO-CAUTERY for them.

I hope this answers your query, if you have any further question I would be happy to reply.

Follow-up: Belly button zits, bleed, grow bigger. STD? 1 hour later
is there a medicated cream that takes care of them?
Answered by Dr. Bharat Chawda 8 hours later
Hi! again,

If we are dealing with cherry angioma ,then unfortunately there are no specific creams available.
Removal by laser or cautery is the only option of treatment. But most of the dermatologist and even the patients leave it as it is. Treatment is done for cosmetic reasons only.

Hope I have answered your query adequately.

“ Wish you Good Health”