Belching a lot, burning sensation in chest, bubbling in stomach, high heart rate. Took pepcid acid and Naproxen

Gastroenterologist, Surgical
I've been belching a lot lately. And, I recently started having a burning sensation in my breast/chest. I can feel bubbling in my chest and stomach area. I went to the hospital and I had a high heart rate. I've noticed that my heart rate goes up when I try going to sleep at night. I took Pepcid Acid Complete for my belching and Naproxen to relieve myself of the burning sensation. I was diagnosed at the doctor two days ago with acid reflux. But, I don't understand this burning sensation in my breast. Could this be anything else?
Posted Sat, 12 Oct 2013 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Ajit Naniksingh Kukreja 5 days later
Brief Answer:
Probably it is Getd

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for writing to XXXXXXX

It looks like u a are suffering from Gerd

I would suggest you avoid taking naproxen

Add a good ppi with domperidone twice a day for ten days

avoid junk food

avoid smoking or alcohol if used to

the breast burning will go away if there is no local lesion

Hope this helps

Do write back in case of concern