Before lab work for cholesterol, did meth the night before. Will that show?

Had scheduled lab work for cholesterol. Did meth the night before. Will that show up? I'm 43, 160lbs 5'8. Thx.
Posted Sun, 1 Sep 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Vaishalee Punj 44 minutes later
Brief Answer:
No it will not show up

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for posting your query on XXXXXXX

Whenever a test is prescribed it is meant to test a specific chemical in the body. If the test is meant to measure cholesterol, then it will not be able to measure meth in it. Thus you can be re-assured that it will not show-up.

Researches have shown that methamphetamine can cause high cholesterol, heart diseases and affects many other organs. Thus if you are getting checked for cholesterol, there are high chances that it may come back high. Thus I will suggest that you discontinue its use.

Let me know if you need further clarification.

Dr Vaishalee