Ask a Urologist   »  

Been suffering from cloudy urine. Why is my penis head red? Have asthma. Are they related?

Hi I've been suffering from cloudy wee for about 3 months. It won't seem to clear
I also have red around wee penis tip and get red around my fore skin!
I'm 42 suffer from asthma take symbacort and ventolin??
Personally I don't think it a std but can't ever say never
I doo seem to get red irritation after ejaculation though...seems to clear after a shower
Posted Thu, 14 Jun 2012 in Penis Problems
Answered by Dr. Kulsoom Qureshi 6 hours later
Thanks for consulting us.
I think you should take a urine test ( Urine DR ) to rule a symptoms indicate a possibility of this infection. If this turns out to be positive for infection you will be needing a course of antibiotics to cure this.
Meanwhile, increase your water intake this may help improve your symptoms.
Wish you good health.
Best Regards.
Follow-up: Been suffering from cloudy urine. Why is my penis head red? Have asthma. Are they related? 15 minutes later
I was worried it was std but seemed unsure as to why,,,, does it sound likely from oral sex
Answered by Dr. Kulsoom Qureshi 24 minutes later

Thanks for your question.
It is difficult to comment further at present. If it turns out to be a urinary tract infection after testing ( as indicated by your history ), you can get the treatment. Otherwise, it would be wise to go to a urologist for formal testing.
Yes, oral sex may be a source of infection.
Hope this clears your doubts.
You may write back if you have any other question. I will be glad to respond or you may choose to close this discussion if you have got the desired response.
Have a nice day.