Been on nuvaring, removed during sex, had unprotected sex, started bleeding. Pregnancy likely?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Question
wanted to know if i could be pregnant or if I should test again if my period doesnt come this week

been on nuvaring for over 2 years
sept ring out 18th period on 21 ring in on 25th
oct ring out 16th period on 18th ring in on 23
nov ring out (2 days early) 11th period I think on 16th ring in on 18th

had unprotected sex on oct 21 & 22nd did not come inside me

had sex in shower on 5th did not come in me
got nervous and took nuvaring out two days early
had sex night of nov 11 and condom broke
took ec the next morning at 9

started bleeding on the 16th and put ring in on 18th

Posted Thu, 3 May 2012 in Birth Control

Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 21 minutes later

From your description, pregnancy does not seem likely.

But the possibility cannot be ruled out completely till you have a normal period.

You need to wait till 20th December for your next period and in case this period is delayed you can test your morning sample of urine for pregnancy.

I hope this answers your query effectively.

In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.

Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.

Regards.

Follow-up: Been on nuvaring, removed during sex, had unprotected sex, started bleeding. Pregnancy likely? 53 minutes later
well I took my nuvaring out today so should I follow like normal and put a new ring in next friday even if I don't bleed? and if I take another pregnancy test on the 20th and its negative then what?

Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 7 hours later
Hello.
Thanks for writing again.
If you do not get your periods then you need to wait for pregnancy test before putting nuvaring back inside.
If the pregnancy test is negative then I encourage you to consult your gynecologist to rule out other causes of delayed periods like hormonal disturbances.
Hope my answer is helpful.
Regards.