Been on microgynon pill. Noticed headache around period, now dizziness and sickness. Normal to happen?

Infertility Specialist
hey. ive been on the microgynon pill now for almost 9 months and always noticed slight headaches around my period but now ive been experiencing quite dizzy spells and been feeling quite sick? is this normal?
Posted Fri, 13 Apr 2012 in Headache and Migraines
Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 3 hours later

Microgynon is known to cause headache and dizzy spills in some people. It might also cause thombosis in blood vessels. It is better stop this drug and change over to new one. Hence I advice you to visit your gynecologist and ask for a different prescription with low dose of estrogen and progesterone. otherwise you can go for different mode of contraception (eg. IUCD).

Please come up with follow ups if any or do kindly accept my answer