Been having white odorless and painless discharge from penis. Why?

Question
I have been having a white odorless painless discharge from my penis
Posted Tue, 22 May 2012 in Infections

Answered by Dr. Aashish Raghu 2 hours later
Hi XXXXXXX

Could you be more specific on the details about how the discharge looks ?

Does it look like semen ?

Does the discharge appear after you have just had an erection ?

Do you have burning sensation while passing urine ?

Penile discharge may be of many types. Usually when a man gets sexually excited there is a watery whitish fluid which appears called pre-ejaculate. It can be XXXXXXX in sperm. It is a normal phenomenon is men.

Other causes for a white discharge could be sexually transmitted infections, bladder sphincter disturbance etc. In such situations there would be other tell tale features like burning sensation on passing urine which is seen in urinary tract infections, groin lymph node swellings which may be seen in certain sexually transmitted infections.

It would be best to get this discharge evaluated by your Urologist to find out the nature of this fluid. After that appropriate measures can be taken to solve this problem if it is one.

Kindly do respond to the above queries for me to be in a better position to help you.

I hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer your follow up queries.

Follow-up: Been having white odorless and painless discharge from penis. Why? 2 hours later
It does look like semen. I just noticed 1 day ago the day after I had sex with my girl friend. I have no pain or burning sensation, but I have noticed that my back has been feeling a little right where my kidneys are. I do drink alot of soda and not alot of water

Answered by Dr. Aashish Raghu 5 minutes later
Hi XXXXXXX

Thanks for the reply.

Sometimes white residue called smegma can be seen over the penis which usually occurs normally in un-circumcised penis. It looks a bit like semen but is more thick, viscid and of small quantity.

The back pain you experience could be due to muscle strain which can be aggravated by the dehydrating effect of the sodas. Kindly cut down and do avoid them if possible.

Eat balanced diet. Avoid junk food. Drink plenty of water daily. Exercise daily.

You may apply a pain killing gel in that area as a trial. Use gel containing Diclofenac as ingredient which can be procured at a Pharmacy store. Apply thinly for 3 times a day for a week. If the pain does not reduce, do consult an Orthopedic surgeon to evaluate causes of low back pain.

I hope I have answered your query.