Been having heart arrhythmia, including atrial fibrillation and area painful to pressure. Pinched a nerve?

I have been having heart arrhythmias, including atrial fibrillation, and have noticed an area painful to pressure to the left of my spine on the right edge of the shoulder blade. Does that suggest I have a pinched nerve that could interfere with nerve flow to the heart? Would it be appropriate to see a chiropractor or osteopath for this?
Posted Sat, 26 May 2012 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 54 minutes later

The heart is supplied by a nerve called Vagus nerve which is a cranial nerve and is XXXXXXX enough not be affected by any superficial pressures and away from the spine and bony structures.

The pain on pressure on the left side of the spine could be deformity in the spine which has not yet caused any pressure symptoms.Symptoms which you get when a nerve there is pinched are numbness and weakness of the muscles around the area or the structures supplied by the compressed nerve.

I do recommend you to visit a Orthopedician who can asses the extent of compression and advice you a specific solution for the same.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.