Been going through follicular monitor reading. What do the readings denote and mean?

Question
Hello doctor
i have been going through follicular monitorin
reading are as follows:
day 11 Rt ovary - MS, Lt ovary MS, endometrium 6.7 POD - clear
day 13 Rt ovary - MS, Lt ovary MS, endometrium 10.1 POD - clear
Rt ovary - 27x18m Lt ovary - 26x17
Is everything Fine? I have been called again on day 15th for next readings.
Posted Mon, 21 May 2012 in Women's Health

Answered by Dr. Shainaz Arif Kaware 2 hours later

Hello;

I have gone through the details. The following are my comments:

Your follicular study shows the absence of ovulation.

Ovulation is the process of rupture of the mature follicle and release of the egg. Normally in follicular study it should show that the follicles are increasing in size and rupture to release the egg around the14th day of menstrual cycle in 28 day regular cycle. In your case both ovaries show multiple small follicles (MS) which means they are not increasing in size. It infers that there is no formation of egg
So there is no formation of egg yet.

I would suggest you to consult your Gynaecologist or infertility specialist (after completion of the study) with the report. She will then adjust the dose or if needed change the medicine in the next cycle.

Hope this answers your query. In case of any other query please write back and I shall help you.
Please accept this answer and close the discussion if you have no further queries.

Take care and Regards

Follow-up: Been going through follicular monitor reading. What do the readings denote and mean? 2 hours later
Is there anything to worry, i mean if treated i will be able to conceive.
What treatment should i undergo? is there an infertility problem.

Answered by Dr. Shainaz Arif Kaware 7 hours later

Thanks for reverting back.

Absence of ovulation is probably the cause of infertility in your case as understood from the present ongoing treatment. Please do not get disheartened as with proper treatment you should be able to ovulate and conceive in near future.

The necessary treatment required will be advised by your Gynecologist so I would suggest you to follow your doctor’s advice.

Hope this answer is helpful to relieve your concerns. In case of any further queries you may write back.

Please accept this answer if you have no further queries.

Wish you a good health.