Been getting headaches, lower back pain, numbness in left foot. Anything to worry ?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
been getting headaches which have been making me feel ill last couple of days my lower back has been in pain and numbness in left foot a little dizzyness and feeling i need to be sick?
Posted Sat, 23 Jun 2012 in Headache and Migraines
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 3 hours later
Persistent headaches with a feeling of illness might just be due to a generalized viral infection. Maintaining a good nutrition, Vitamin C supplementation and mild pain killer like acetaminophen may help in spontaneous recovery in next 5-7 days.

Pain in the lower back with numbness in the left foot with dizziness might be suggestive of a disc problem at the lumbosacral level.
Muscle relaxants and methylcobalamin supplements can help with your symptoms if used in appropriate dosage in combination with a potent analgesic. You can get these prescribed from your orthopedician.
Local analgesic gels and hot fomentation may provide a short term relief. You can use analgesic gels like Volini gel.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.
Follow-up: Been getting headaches, lower back pain, numbness in left foot. Anything to worry ? 3 hours later
so i should not be worried that the two are connected? as the headaches and the glands on back of head are up, and i feel rather a large pressure going down the spine which the past few days is the worse pain ever.
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 8 minutes later
Thanks for writing again.
You can wait for a week for spontaneous improvement to happen. The two problems are not likely to be related. In case the symptoms are persistent or worsen, then you need to consult a physician for a detailed evaluation. Mild pain killers are recommended meanwhile for symptomatic relief.
Hope my answer is helpful.
Do accept my answer in case there are no further queries.