Become itchy after taking Solpadol, taken Cetrizine, have pain and stiff neck. Will there be any long term damage?

I have taken 20 sopadol tablets and have become seriously itchy, so have taken 8 cetrizine tablets, should I do anything else. I have pain and a stiff neck, thought it would send me to sleep but no such luck. Will there be any long term damage? I have got my group therapy this morning and wondered if I should mention it to one of the professionals there. But then I dont want a fuss.
Posted Tue, 22 May 2012 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Ashish Mittal 2 hours later

I appreciate your efforts for medical consultation in so much distress.
Important aspects of your query are:
•     49 year old female
•     Known case of Borderline personality disorder
•     Complaints of: Consumption of .20 Solpadol pills followed by itch, pain and stiff neck

Borderline personality used to have lot of emotional pain in their life which can lead to impulsive actions like consumption of excessive medicines.

Solpadol contain Paracetamol (500.0mg) and Codeine Phosphate Hemihydrate (30.0mg). Excessive consumption lead to nausea, vomiting, itching, anxiety and liver toxicity.
Itching is clinical symptom of derangement in liver function which is very frequent in paracetamol poisoning. This can be very challenging. Self treatment with excessive (20 cetrizine) will further exacerbate the condition.

You need to get examined, investigated for liver function and vitals should be monitored. It is better to seek treatment from physician, preferably after getting admitted. Same time reason for consumption of excessive tablets need to assessed and targeted during treatment planning.

I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you. In case of any doubt, I will be available for follow ups.

Wish you good health.