Battling vertigo, and neck pain. Have arthritis, chronic sinusitis and tooth decay. Elevated protein and globulin

Hi im 42 yrs old and recently been battling vertigo for a few weeks and neck pain. Ive had a neck scan since i do have arthritis in my neck and now they are sending me for a brain scan just to be sure that is okay since its been 5 yrs since ive had one. i do have chronic sinusitis and i have really bad tooth decay due to reflux disease and get a lot of mouth infections im looking into getting them pulled and a denture right now. the issue im having is my protein level in my blood was 8.6 and globulin was slightly elevated as well. ive NEVER had this happen. my sed rate was up too. all other counts normal. im scared i have cancer :/ could this just be inflammation or something else? doc is re-doing labs in a week. im really over the top worried.
Posted Mon, 27 May 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Prasad Akole 43 minutes later
Dear friend, welcome to Healthcaremagic!
I am Dr. Prasad Akole (Critical Care Expert- and am glad to address to your query here.

Please do not worry so much.
The high ESR (sedimentation rate) is common in many chronic inflammatory diseases and you have arthritis/ spondylitis(?). It is bound to be high.
The high protein level with high globulin needs to be considered in the light of albumin to globulin ratio.
If A:G ratio is reversed, it may point to hyper-globulinemia usually due to gamma globulins. Auto-immune cause is likely.
The cause needs to be evaluated. Your doctor is rightly evaluating it next.
For now it appears to be just inflammation only and cancer is not suggested.
Do not get anxious. You need to try rational weight reduction to reduce reflux and BP problems.
You are taking the right steps.

I hope to have answered your query satisfactorily. I would be glad to answer any further queries. Take care and please keep me informed of your progress and reports at
Good Luck!

As it helps us to improve continuously, may I request you to write a rating review before you ‘accept’ and ‘close’ the query anytime.
Thank you!!

Follow-up: Battling vertigo, and neck pain. Have arthritis, chronic sinusitis and tooth decay. Elevated protein and globulin 38 minutes later
well what i have is mild spondylosis not anything more so can that still cause a high sed rate or allergies or something? my vitamin d is low too i just saw that but i am taking meds for that. i also noticed my platelet count was elevated at 413 but he was not concerned about it. my my albumin/globulin is 1.2 and always has been so its in the normal range. im just concerned since it says chronic inflammation, infection or cancer, so im just concerned with the aches and pains i have that it could be a form of myeloma or something
Answered by Dr. Prasad Akole 58 minutes later
The labs always mention all possibilities.
Yours mostly is inflammatory and if the ratio is normal, then lesser the worry.
ESR sed rate-can be high due to inflammation/ infection (sinusitis)
High platelets are due to chronic infection.

It is not grossly suggestive of myeloma or lymphoma.
You have to keep regular check ups.
Ask your doctor if auto-immunity is found on any tests.

Sooo, relax and enjoy life. continue anti-inflammatory therapy as advised by doctor.

Let me know the results of the tests.
Wish you good health !