Bartholin abscess was removed and having pain. White and red discharge from the abscess removed part. Is it curable?

Mar 2016

I had a batholin abcess and got the abcess removed but still i have pain. Can i get completed relief from the pain? I also have combination of white & red discharge from the abcess removed part
Posted Mon, 28 Oct 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. S Patra 23 hours later
Brief Answer:

Detailed Answer:

Pain and discharge following removal of bartholin abscess is mostly associated with bacterial infection.

I would treat you with following regimen:

1) Antibiotic Treatment - Amoxicillin-Clavulunate (like CLAVAM) or Ampicillin is generally given as thrice daily.

Tetracycline may be needed if chlamydia infection is detected. Here, you need to undergo one culture & sensitivity test for vaginal discharge.

2) Analgesic - Diclofenac or Ibuprofen 2-3 times daily depending on the severity. It should be taken with antacid like ranitidine.

3) Maintain genital hygiene properly and take hot compression after that. Daily sitz bath with Epsom salt mixed warm water.

4) Take balanced diet with anti-oxidant supplements (like Zinc, Vitamin-E, Selenium etc) and drink more water for better circulation. Take adequate rest.

Hope, I have answered your query. If you need any clarification, you can freely ask me.

Wish your good health and take care yourself.

Dr Soumen

For future query, you can directly approach me through