Banged head to concrete wall. Have swelling, head aches and tenderness. Should I be concerned?

I was playing with my kids in the yard 4 days ago. I turned quickly while running, tripped and ran head first into the concrete wall of my house. Knocked me down, saw 'stars', immediate swelling. Applied ice, don't think I lost conciousness, possible thought fogginess. Oh, the blow was to my left temple. I have ongoing head aches, tenderness in the area, slight swelling still. This morning I got out of my car and after a few steps had intense pain in the region that stopped me for a few seconds until it passed. Should I be concerned? Also trouble, pain with my jaw...but I already have severe tmj.
Posted Thu, 30 May 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Muhammad Ishfaq Habib 45 minutes later
Welcome to XXXXXXX

The side of head might be tender and it will hurt as you received a blow on the concrete which is hard. However the head injury is taken critical for the first 48 hours for symptoms like persistent vomiting, vertigo, disorientation or bleeding from nose or ears. If you do not experience these symptoms for the first 48 hours, then it suggests that you do not have any serious complication. You can use pain killers like diclofenic sodium for pain relief.

If you still have some query, feel free to ask