Bald spot developed on beard. Is it Alopecia Areata? Suggest the medication?

recently a bald spot is developed on my beard(left cheek). I believe it is Alopecia Areata. Can you suggest some medicine to treat it?
Posted Thu, 7 Nov 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Johny Chacko 19 hours later
Brief Answer:
Alopecia areata

Detailed Answer:
From your description it seems like alopecia areata. Can you upload a picture so that I can confirm the diagnosis. You have a feature to upload the images by yourself at the right side of the query page, please utilize that. You can also send the image as attachment to YYYY@YYYY , with the subject as 'Attn: Dr. Johny Chacko'
Minoxidil 5 % gel twice a day can be used as treatment. If a lot of new patches are coming then it is better to consult a dermatologist.
Hope this helped.
If you have any clarifications I will be happy to help.