Bag fell on the head of 2 months and 24 days child. Is there any chances of brain injury?

Hi ...I have a question regarding my baby ..and am looking for some immediate help on this issue ..My baby is currently 2 months and 24 days old. While she was 2 months old and I was carrying her in her rear facing car seat. when I kep the car seat on the floor with her by chance my handbag which was a bit heavy fell over the car seat..I was scared. If it hit her head and got really scared.. Me being such a worrywart,when I came home I tried purposely dropping this bag on the cars eat and the baby was on it..of course the bag didnot fall from very high..It didnot fall over her head but I tried it a few times to check whether it did when it happened initially.. But since then I have been really scared if she had some kind of damage to her brain..Is there any symptom that would show to realize if she had a brain injury..I am really scared about this..My email address is YYYY@YYYY I hope someone could help answer this.
Posted Tue, 9 Oct 2012 in Head Injuries
Answered by Dr. Sudhir 1 hour later

Thanks for the question.

Had there been serious injury she would have had symptoms by now, which even you would have recognized without any knowledge or previous experience.Since there are no such major symptoms we can assume that there was no serious injury.

Now if there had been some minor injury she would have symptoms like irritable child,sleepiness, disoriented, no interested in anything, not taking feeds properly,not smiling back etc.There are few other signs, but those can be appreciated by doctor on clinical examination.Its routine for doctors to see such patient on precautionary basis, so please consider this.This will rule out injury as well as relieve your worries.

Please ask if there are further questions or doubts.Regards.Best wishes.