Bad throat,burning sensation in tongue,chest,fatigue,dizziness.

ENT Specialist
I have been very tired for 2 years and sometimes have had different strange symptoms. For instance I started to have burning feelings on different parts of the tongue, chest, upper back.
My throat felt bad and I had a strange feeling freezing....
I did not have any measureable fever,...but at some days I have taking some ibuprofen and it fel like the freezing stopped.
I have also felt a little swollen glands mostly under my ears..the tonsilles...and under the cheak and a strange feeling in the groin and under my arms and knees.

Sometimes it is better, but sometimes its worse. I am very tired and I am still tired after a lot of not help.
My neck is feeling a little bit stiff and sometimes I am dizzy too.
I am sleeping night sweats...keeping my weight...have appetite...but I am very tired.
I went to a doctor and they took some bloodtests...they took a full test with special immunetest and other things.

The wbc..the leukocytes was 6700...., the lymphocytes was 50, the neutrophiles was 40. hemoglobine was 140, vitamin d was 20, cd4 38,2% and 1,01 rel, cd8 38% and 1,0 rel....this is some of all the testresults. The others was ok...and some of the above is also ok..
But,,,what can it be as I have felt like this during soon 2 years now?
Do yoy have XXXXXXX tups about what to eat, medicines..other things in order to feel ok again.
I have problem with working and just want to sleep all the time...feeling ill and tired.

thanks for a quick answer.

Posted Wed, 18 Apr 2012 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Naveen Kumar 1 hour later

Thanks for the query

The feeling of burning sensation in the body and lethargy could be due to hormonal problems like thyroid. You are also suffering from chronic pharyngitis and tonsillitis. Due to chronic infection in the throat and the oral cavity there is enlargement of the glands (lymph nodes) below the ear and the cheek. As ibuprofen is an anti-inflammatory drug it does reduce the inflammation and fever.

The lymph nodes are like the policemen of our body, whenever there is an ongoing infection in the throat, these lymph nodes swell indicating the presence of an infection. Some subside and some does not subside even after the infection is adequately treated.

Your blood tests are normal, and hence most of the chronic infections have been ruled out. You consult an apt ENT specialist or your Physician and request for a thyroid evaluation. Lethargy and the dizziness could be thyroid related.

I would suggest you to consume plenty of warm water, eat plenty of fruits and vegetables (different colors which contain flavonoids). Measure to improve immunity like aerobic exercise, breathing exercise help.

Hope I have answered your queries; I will be available to answer your follow up queries.

Follow-up: Bad throat,burning sensation in tongue,chest,fatigue,dizziness. 2 hours later
Hello again,
I have made several health tests during the years...I usually do it once a year, but now I have done it an extra time. I do not feel well.
I have tested the thyroid and the tsh and t 4 was ok.
What shall I eat to get rid of the pharyngitis and tonsillitis??? Ibuprofen?
Why is it chronic?
Of course I have not been tested for all kind of chronic I only did have one extended bllodtest to watch the immunesystems function, thyroid and also some vitamins. The only thing that has changed the last 2 years,,is the lymphocytes getting higher and neutrophiles getting lower. What do you say about my values and what medicine to take making me ok??? Big thanks!!!!!

Good to hear from you again.

As your thyroid levels are normal, then the generalized body weakness and feeling of hot sensation could be attributed to the recurrent inflammation of the tonsils and pharynx and viral infection associated.

I did mention ‘chronic’ in my previous post presuming that you are getting recurrent attacks of throat pain and swelling of the lymph nodes. Recurrent attacks of throat infection can raise the lymphocyte levels in the blood.

Ibuprofen action being anti-inflammatory can reduce the inflammation of the throat and tonsils caused due to viral or bacterial infection and also reduce the body pain.

I would suggest you to:
1.     Consume plenty of warm water - to keep the throat moist and warm water to increase the blood flow and decrease the inflammation.
2.     Avoid chilled food - cold substances cause vaso-constriction of the blood vessels in the throat and hamper the action of effective clearance of mediators of inflammation from the throat.
3.     Avoid greasy food – as the oil contained may form a coating over the mucosal lining of the throat, trapping the micro-organisms.

Above all, consult a good ENT specialist and get a complete ENT check-up done. Any more doubts you are welcome.

Wish You Good Health.