Bad teeth, been vomiting, low temperature, bad diet. What should we do?

My friend has really bad teeth, and has for a long while. Today he was vomiting and has a temperature of 94-95...much lower than normal. Due to his bad teeth, he doesnt eat alot, so he looks emaciated as well. Im worried about him. The question is, I guess, with the bad teeth, not eating, vomiting, and low temperature, do you have any guesses as to what may be wrong?
Posted Sun, 27 May 2012 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani 22 hours later

Thanks for posting your query. It really good to have a caring friend like you.

Poor intake, vomiting and low body temperature is not a good thing to have. What ever may be the reason for vomiting or poor intake urgent medical attention is must.

There are chances of his blood pressure gone very low and dehydration is there. He may require some intra venous supplements after examination by doctor. Please take him to a physician or ER as per availability.

Apart from this, for his routine problem of not able to eat due to bad teeth and weak body some investigation are required to come to a conclusion.

He must visit a dentist also in order to have looked for his teeth.

You are having doubts for some thing particular like some form of malignancy or serious disease as you have put this question in oncologist category. He may be weak as he is not eating well. Poor teeth lead inability to chew properly and can result in lack of proper nutrition to the body. This could be the simple reason for his weak and emaciated look.

The physician after examination will do necessary test which will definitely give clue to his condition.

Please visit a doctor.

I hope this helps

Do write again if you have something more to ask.

In case you do not have further query, please accept the answer.