Bad taste in throat, blocked nose, pressure around nose, ears and eyes. Taken medication for cough

Question
I had a bad cough 2 weeks ago. It went from ticklish, to sore, to chesty. I also had a bad taste in the back of my throat. It is very difficult to describe the taste.
I went to the doctor who gave me some tablets. I finished the course, and eventually the cough did go away. However, I do still have the bad taste in my throat. My nose is also blocked frequently, and I think this fluid is the cause of the bad taste.
I also feel pressure around my nose, ears, and eyes.
I would appreciate a quick answer as this has been very frustrating.
Posted Mon, 21 May 2012 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems

Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 54 minutes later
Hello and thanks for the query.
Your symptoms suggest that you may be suffering from acute sinusitis which is infection of sinuses( air filled spaces in skull behind forehead,nasal bones,cheeks and eyes).
Acute sinusitis is usually caused by bacterial infection in the sinuses that results from an nose and eyes are because of mucus build up in sinuses
Treatment consists of
Apply warm moist washcloth on your face few times a day
Take plenty of warm liquids
Avoid cold drinks and ice
Take steam inhalation three to four times a day
Spray nasal saline few times a day
Avoid flying and temperature extremes
Take anti inflammatory drugs for pain

These methods shall make you alright soon
I hope to have answered your query however you may revert to me for any further query.
Thanks and best of luck.