Bad body and hair odor, blocked nose, tried natural treatments

I have a bad body and hair odor that has been persistent for many years. I tried everything natural but there is always a problem. What should I do?
My nose is also blocked. Only one side every time.
Posted Sun, 29 Apr 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Jasvinder Singh 13 minutes later

Body odor occurs due to the smell of bacteria that grows on the body. Bacteria grow in their number when you sweat and cause body odour. In your case since you have the nose blocked, you may be having chronic sinus congestion. Sinus congestion are responsible for bad breath which may be appearing as bad body odor.

It can be due to allergic nasal polyps or tumors, allergic reactions,deviated nasal septum, respiratory tract infections,allergies such as hay fever,immune system cells or cystic fibrosis. A thorough ENT examination by a competent specialist along with transillumination test of sinuses or X-ray sinuses are entailed to diagnose the condition.

I encourage you to consult an ENT surgeon under who's guidance you may get the tests done.
Till then, have a healthy and nutritious diet and maintain good personal hygiene. Add few drops of savlon to the water you use for bathing. Use an antiperspirant deodorant and wash your clothes in warm water. Also shampoo your hair with a mild shampoo frequently.

Hope this answers your query. If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your queries.

Wishing you good health