Back spasms, lack of sleep, difficulty walking, moving. Treatment ?

Neurologist
Question
I am experiencing extreme spasms in my back. I couldn't sleep. I fell through a beach chair a few days ago which caused my body to go through the chair in an awkward position. The spasms are at a centralized location on the mid lower right side. I am having difficulty walking, moving, and can't get relief. I took a SKelaxin 800mg an hour ago that was prescribed and still can't walk around. I want to stretch to help.
Posted Sun, 29 Apr 2012 in Back Pain

Answered by Dr. Shiva Kumar R 10 minutes later

It seems you have hurt your back badly, probably due to the fall. If above pain medications are not helping you switch over to stronger medicines to relieve the pain after discussing this with your primary doctor.

Get an X XXXXXXX or MRI of the back to see if you have any fracture or slip disc.

If it is positive XXXXXXX a Neurosugeon or a spine surgeron for opinion.

At present rest till pain get reduced. Once pain is relieved start physiotherapy and strengthening exercises for the back.

Hope this answers your query. In case of any doubts, I am available for the follow ups.

Wish you a speedy recovery.

Regards.