Back problem, done neurosurgery. Wounds on back, done massage. Is there a chance to get HIV?

Posted Tue, 22 May 2012 in HIV and AIDS
Answered by Dr. Prasad 5 hours later
Hi and thanks again,

I understand your concern now and I appreciate your efforts in seeking medical help here.

Based on the details provide, let me assure you, "there is no chance you will get infected with HIV from the act mentioned".

The rate of HIV transmission depends majorly on the amount of body fluid secretion and the viral load of the transmitter. From your description, I do not see any transmission of fluids occurring between you and the Masseur. So you need not worry.

You will NOT be affected with HIV.

Hope this answer is reassuring and allays your fears. Let me know if you are still concerned with it. I will be glad to assist you further.
If my answer is satisfactory, please accept the answer and close the discussion.

Wish you good health.