Back pain, urge incontinence, have NF1. Could pain be due to growth on spine?

I've been having pretty constant dull back pain for the past few months. The physical therapist told me I have flat back syndrome and has begun treating me for that. I've also had urge incontinence recently. Some days it's not an issue and some days it's 5-6 times a day. Because I have NF1 could that be due to growths on my spine or would that present with a different set of symptoms?
Posted Sun, 9 Sep 2012 in Back Pain
Answered by Dr. Harish Naik 6 hours later
Welcome to XXXXXXX
Back pain is sometimes related to neurofibromas involving the spine. MRI of the affected part will help in diagnosis. For the adult with severe and chronic pain that has been fully investigated, a referral to a doctor who specializes in pain management can sometimes be helpful in reducing the degree of pain experienced. Chronic pain from neurofibromas can often be alleviated by a combination of pain-relief medicines.
I advice you to see physician or the neurologist for examination.
Hope I have provided the information you needed.
Wish you good health. Take care.