Back pain, trouble with bowels, cramping. Had ultrasound done. Help me understand the ultrasound report

May 2013
I had an ultrasound (Transvaginal) and I am worried about the results. I cannot follow up with my Doctor until the 18th. I have the report and would like to have it explained to me so that I do not stress about it. The report is attached below. I also have intense back/leg pain on left side of my body, trouble with bladder/bowels, cramping if standing longer than 20 minutes and a heavy pressure type feeling in my lower abdomen.
Posted Thu, 25 Apr 2013 in Vaginal and Uterus Health
Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 22 minutes later
Some amount of body pains are common during pregnancy.
This can occur due to stretching of the ligaments by increasing size of the uterus.
Constipation is a common complaints in pregnancy, you have to take laxatives, plenty of water and fiber XXXXXXX diet for it.
If you are having pain or burning during micturition you have to go for urine microscopy once.
Avoid prolonged standing, prefer rest in left lateral position.
Regarding your scan report I am not able to open it. So can you please send it again?
Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer your follow up queries. If you are satisfied with all my answer, please rate the answer after closing the discussion.
Follow-up: Back pain, trouble with bowels, cramping. Had ultrasound done. Help me understand the ultrasound report 1 hour later
Thank you. I am not pregnant. I had an ultrasound done mostly due to pain and bladder/bowel issues. I simply do not understand much of what this means. I have submucosal fibroids and have not had much in the way of symptoms go except the occasional painful period. The last three months have been painful at best with pain radiating down the front and back of my left leg, intense pain on left side of my lower back, and cramping when not bleeding. Here is the report;

1. The uterus shows no intrinsic lesions and measures 9.7 x 5.5 x 6.3 cm.

2. The endometrial echo complex measures 0.9 cm thickness. There is a hypoechoic area with punctate echogenic foci at the margin of the endometrial echo complex. This measures 1.3 x 0.8 x 1.4 cm and could represent a polyp or focal area of hyperplasia. Adenomyosis cannot be excluded.

3. The ovaries are unremarkable bilaterally with right ovary measuring 2.0 x 1.3 x 2.3 cm. The left ovary measures 1.8 x 1.6 x 3.0 cm.

4. Nabothian cysts are evident.

Mildly prominent and these show echo complex with the focal hypoechoic region at the margin of the endometrial echo complex measuring up to 1.4 cm which could represent a polyp, focal hyperplasia. Entities such as adenomyosis cannot be excluded.

Thank you again for this wonderful service.
Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 1 hour later
According to the report the echo complex could be submucosal fibroid or polyp. In adenomyosis also local lesions can be seen.
In all these conditions some amount of abdominal cramping can be seen.
But the leg pain etc are may be coincidental findings.
Usually 1.4cms mass either fibroid or polyp may not cause much symptoms. But if you feel that the pain is severe, you can go for treatment.
After consulting your doctor, if she suggests you can go for hysteroscopic evaluation. During this the mass can be removed and sent for histopathological examination.

Wish you Good Health, If you are satisfied with my response please rate the answer after closing the discussion.