Back pain, right sided pain, severe constipation. Treatment for chronic back pain?

hi doctor
I am suffering from Back pain from last one month
I am feeling the pain in the right side of the back
I think due to the tight motion problem this back paid arises
If i take some medicine for clear motion then the next day back problem is not so much.
Kindly suggest.
Posted Mon, 30 Apr 2012 in Back Pain
Answered by Dr. Mitaly 52 minutes later

Thanks for posting your query

Back pain can be due to various reasons as improper posture, disease or injury to the nerves, spine and muscles or other causes as due to abnormality in the abdomen, chest and kidney. Since you mentioned you have difficulty in passing stool it can be the causative factor for the pain; so the first step is to treat constipation.

The best way to control these symptoms would be lifestyle changes with the following tips:

1) Change and develop good dietary habits including, eating several small meals daily.
2) Diet should include fresh fruits, fiber XXXXXXX foods. It is very important to take fibre XXXXXXX diet as cereals, XXXXXXX beans, dal, oats, whole grains as it helps in softening stool.
3) Avoid too much of coffee, tea, alcohol, colas, and smoking.
4) Drink 5 to 6 litres of water.
5) Do some form of exercise even a daily walk is fine.
6) Adopt proper posture and if you have long sitting hours work take small breaks and stretch the body.
7) Avoid taking medications frequently for passing stools instead you can take natural fibre supplements when required as "Naturolax" before going to bed.
8) If sometimes back pain is severe apply hot bag for 5 to 10 minutes.

Hope this answers your query. Please accept the answer in case you do not have follow up query.