Back pain problem. Suggest medication or any yoga

Daily i travel 120km (one side) updown through Bus so Back Pain is big issue for me .
please suggest medicene or any yoga for it .
Posted Wed, 30 Oct 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Vaishalee Punj 6 hours later
Brief Answer:

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for posting your query on XXXXXXX

120 km one side is a lot of travel. Please avoid this much travel. That is one thing that will really help your back.

My suggestions are as follows:
-Get x-ray of the back done after consultation with an orthopedic surgeon
-Get blood tests done that include sr calcium and vit D levels
-Sleep on semi-soft mattress that is comfortable for your back
-Take pain-killer like Tablet Brufen 200 mg 2 -3 times a day or as needed
-After getting the tests done, start taking calcium and vitamin D supplement like Tablet Shelcal, one tablet daily
-keep the right posture always. Avoid lifting heavy weight objects.

Regarding yoga, there are some yoga postures that you can do once or twice a day.
-In sitting position, lift your spine up while sitting on the chair and give some twist to the spine sideways
-one posture is cat-stretch posture. Go on your knees and hands (like a standing cat). Make sure your spine or back is parallel to the ground and your face is down. As you breathe in, look up and bend your spine towards ground and hip upwards. As you breathe out, curve your spine upwards, face down and hips also come back to normal position. In this position push your spine up like a camel. Repeat this about 5 - 6 times. After completing the 5 - 6 rounds, with exhalation go down. Place your hips on your lower legs. Keep your hands stretched in front, keep your head down and relax in this baby posture. Then slowly get up.

Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr Vaishalee