Back pain, penis pain. Earlier had prostatitis. No pain during ejaculation or urination

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Jul 2016
Jul 2016

Urologist
Question
I felt a pain in my back for about a day or two, it really hurt near the kidneys. I then had the next day no pain but my penis has a tingling or sharp pain in the middle half to top inside, not on the skin. I have been reading about kidney stones and wa curious if this is it. It does not hurt when i urinate, however if I touch my penis at times it will be a sharp pain then go away. No std's because i was just checked a few weeks ago when I had a bout of prostatitis, I had prostatitis once before ten years ago. I felt better after I finshed all my cipro and had no problems. I am only linking the pain in my back to the pain in my penis because it seemed not like a coincidence. I do not have and history of kidney stones and have not had pain in my back since. I drank 16 glasses of water today and still have the sporadic tingling or sharp pain in my penis when i touch it at times. No pain during ejaculation or urination. no decreased flow during urination
Posted Fri, 12 Apr 2013 in Men's Health

Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 1 hour later
Hello
Thanks for your query. Based on the facts that you have posted it appears that you have pain in loin associated with pain in penis since two days.

Pain in back especially in the loin with pain in penis may be due to stone impacted at Ureter Vesicle Junction. (Junction of Ureter with Bladder). This obstructs the flow of urine from kidney in to Bladder leading to back pressure changes (Hydronephrosis) giving rise to pain in loin.

This can be confirmed only on Ultra sound Scanning of the abdomen and routine Urine test.
Consult qualified Urologist for clinical examination and further treatment.

In the mean while take some pain killer like Brufen twice daily which is freely available over the counter of medical store

Hope I have answered your query.
Please feel free to ask if you have any more questions I shall be happy to help you.
Thanks with Regards.
Dr.Patil..