Back pain, no proper posture, travelling by train. Treatment?

My back is paining regularly. i m not sitting straight. I have not visited to any doctor for this. I travel by tain from virar to lower parel in pick hour were train are full crowed. pls advice
Posted Thu, 19 Apr 2012 in Back Pain
Answered by Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha 28 minutes later
Thanks for the query XXXXXXX

Your back pain is mainly due to your bad posture and also because of long hours of travel.

I advise you to do the following exercises, these exercises will help you strengthen your core and back muscles

1. Stand straight and try to bend and touch your feet without bending the knees. Stay in that position for 5 seconds, repeat it 5 times
2. Stand straight and extend your back backwards as far as possible, stay in that position for 5 seconds, repeat it 5 times
3. Lie flat on the ground; bring your legs upward facing the roof with hand supporting your waist. Repeat the exercise initially 5 times and then 10 times.

The above exercises will only help you to a certain extent.

For the pain medication, I advise you to XXXXXXX a general physician who will do a quick examination and might prescribe drugs like aceclofenac.
He might also prescribe local application of diclofenac gel which will also help a lot.

I hope I have answered your query, if there are no follow up queries please accept my answer.

I wish you a speedy recovery.