Back pain, lump in lower back, shooting pain down leg

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Question
I'm having back and leg pain I recently felt a lump in my lower back right of spine sometime s it hurts and I've been having shooting pains down my right leg.
Posted Fri, 13 Apr 2012 in Back Pain

Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 1 hour later
Your symptoms are suggestive of nerve root compression at the spinal level- possibly caused by the lump you are feeling or a prolapsed disc.
The lump near the spine is likely to be a soft tissue swelling which needs to be investigated by magnetic resonance imaging (MRI).
Right now adequate rest, hot compresses, good analgesic medications and avoiding strenuous exercises will benefit you.
You need to consult an Orthopedician for proper investigations and further treatment.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Regards.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.