Back pain, had chills and joint pain.

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Back pain for 2 days yesterday it was in lower right side has moved up back now it is in left shoulder blade area. A few days ago I had chills and joint pain
Posted Thu, 3 May 2012 in Back Pain
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 2 hours later
Back pain for two days only is likely to be due to a musculoskeletal problem most commonly caused by overwork or incorrect body posture.
Sometimes such body pains do follow a generalized viral infection.
Right now, adequate rest, hot compresses, good analgesic medications and avoiding strenuous exercises will benefit you.
If the symptoms are persistent then other causes of back pain need to be ruled out like- Nerve root syndromes (a nerve is directly irritated), Herniated discs, Spondylosis and Spinal disc degeneration. You can get these ruled out from your orthopedician after proper examination and investigations like MRI.
I hope this answers your query effectively.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.
Follow-up: Back pain, had chills and joint pain. 56 minutes later
So it is possible this could be some sort of virus? The back painis moving all over my back. Right now it has moved from my left shoulder to lower back left side
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 4 hours later

Thanks for writing again.

The back pain could follow a viral infection. You can take mild pain killers for symptomatic relief after consulting with your physician.

Avoid lifting any heavy weights. Use a firm mattress for sleeping.

Improvising your body posture will be helpful.

Wishing you a trouble free early recovery.