Back pain, gas formation in stomach with salty taste in mouth. How to get relief?

I have a very swollen stomach gasgasg gas a salt taste in my mouth and mid back pain all developed over about 6 hours
Posted Sat, 2 Mar 2013 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Ganesh Sanap 5 hours later
Hi, welcome and thanks for writing in.
Gas formation in stomach with salty taste in mouth is most likely due to hyper acidity. When stomach contents regurgitation occurs it causes such taste in mouth. Pain is due to irritation of stomach wall due to increased acid content.
There is rare chance of pancreatitis which may cause nearly similar complaints of short duration.
However I would like to few things before.
1. Is there history of alcohol intake.
2. Is there history of gall stone.
3. Pain is radiating exactly to back or shoulder.

Looking forward for your response.

Follow-up: Back pain, gas formation in stomach with salty taste in mouth. How to get relief? 3 days later
I don't drink alcohol. The pain is to my back It seesm to have resolved for now but is frequent I take lactulose syrup and I am diabetic. I am not sure the lactulose agrees with me but nothing else works. Could it be diabetic related. No gallstone hisotory.
Answered by Dr. Ganesh Sanap 57 minutes later
Hi, welcome back.
Its very good that you don't have any significant positive history. It completely rules out any serious pathologies related to pancreas.
You are suffering just hyper acidity . That's why you feel better with lactulose. You can continue the same for symptomatic relief. It is not related to diabetes. Diabetes as its complication will affect peripheral nerve and vessels first. So no need to worry about that.

Hope I have answered your query.