Back pain and spotting after d&c. Have retroflex uterus. How long it takes to cure?

Had a d/c on 01/07/2013 had cramping and spotting after yesterday bleeding increased and now having sever back pain place on antibiotics yesterday pain has stopped yet! Have retroflex uterus , wonder how long this pain will last had to call I. To work hurt to even walk!
Posted Fri, 22 Feb 2013 in Women Sexual Problems
Answered by Dr. Shanti Vennam 46 minutes later

Usually after a dilatation and curettage, especially along with polypectomy, bleeding will be observed for several days, sometimes even up to 15 days. Persistent and increased bleeding could be due to either an infection or a normal period ensuing.

Postoperatively, intercourse should be avoided for 2 weeks; only sanitary pads should be used and no tampons should be inserted. Cramping is observed for a day or two after the procedure.

As you had the procedure almost 4 weeks ago, bleeding should have cleared by now. As you have pain and persistent bleeding, it is wise to use antibiotics as prescribed. You may also take antispasmodics and analgesics to relieve cramps and backache.

The pain should usually go in a couple of days if the infection gets under control.

A retro-flexed uterus could be of some concern while doing the procedure, but, provided proper care is ensured while dilating, there should be no problem.

Hope I have clarified your doubts. If you need further clarifications, please feel free to ask. I will be happy to help.