Back pain after doing multiple spinal operations. What could be done?

Really bad back so many spinal operations l 3 did not heal very painful
Posted Sun, 17 Nov 2013 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha 46 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Analgesics needed

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for the query

I understand how painful spinal conditions can be but in this day and age pain is something which can be taken care of very effectively. Here are my suggestions to you

1. Tramadol is the ideal analgesic for you, it is a good analgesic with a good side effect profile. It can be taken twice daily
2. In spinal lesions along with an analgesic a muscle relaxant is also very important, an ideal muscle relaxant will be Baclofen. However it causes little drowsiness in some people in which case it can be taken at night
3. The most important entity is physiotherapy, please make sure you are being seen by a good physiotherapist for back muscle building exercises.

Please visit your physician with my suggestions, do not consider this as my prescription to you

I hope I was of help, if you have any further queries please get back to me