Back pain. Annual pap and vaginal ultrasound reports are fine. Is this a kidney problem?

General Surgeon
Hi I feel a dull pain on the left in the area where you twist your waist not lower back but under the large muscle. I just started having this issue last Friday. I had my annual pap and had a vaginal ultrasound in May everything was fine, I feel like there is some flutter in that area of my back is this a kidney problem? Normal urine, clear, no smell, normal bowel movements. By the way I just went back to work in Sept. I work for a school in the Art department and cover for lunch in the copy room, where I'm constantly bending and moving large boxes of paper.
Posted Wed, 30 Oct 2013 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. Grzegorz Stanko 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Muscle strain.

Detailed Answer:

Thank you for the query.

Back pain associated with recent physical activity is most likely caused by strained muscle or spine problem. Muscle pain usually appears only when moving affected area and can be unnoticeable when resting.
Spine problem usually gives one side back pain radiating to the leg through the buttock.
Kidney pain also starts from the back (middle back) but it radiates to the lower abdomen and groin. Frequent urinating, burning while urinating can be also present.

I suggest you to have a rest for few days and see if it helps. Massage and hot bath can help with the pain. Diclophenac 50 mg twice a day (should be taken with Omeprasole 20mg once a day to protect your stomach) can also help.
If the pain wont go away in few days, please visit your doctor for physical examination.

Hope this will help. Feel free to ask further questions.