Back injury. Advised to take rest. Would you agree with this assessment?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
I injured my back about 1 week ago where i could not get out of bed for 3 days. it is feeling 75% better but i still have pain. An MRI showed that i have broad based disc bulge on L3-L4 with a superimposed annular tear and on L4-L5 broad based disc bulge. The doctor told me to rest alot and the pain will subside. Would you agree with that assessment or dores this require further treatment?
Posted Sat, 2 Nov 2013 in Back Pain
Answered by Dr. Moustafa Saeed 49 minutes later
Brief Answer:
No further intervention for now.

Detailed Answer:
Hi, thank you for your question.

According to the MRI scan no need for surgery now, but you need to exercise rather than rest to treat muscles spasm.

Use painkillers to help keep pain under control until the acute episode settle completely.

Kind regards
Follow-up: Back injury. Advised to take rest. Would you agree with this assessment? 1 hour later
I injured the back about 8 days ago. it remains painful but not very intense. again it is about 75% better than the first day when i could not leave the bed. My question is, should i start exercising now or should i wait until the pain is less. i was thinking that the area would be still inflammed i should wait a few more days before starting light exercises. Thank you for your advice.
Answered by Dr. Moustafa Saeed 3 minutes later
Brief Answer:
No rush

Detailed Answer:
Few more days will not harm.
But don't delay it too much

Wish you speedy recovery