Back feels really sore and cannot bend. Pain is more on upper back and under arm. Scared of cancer?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
my back is really sore,i can bend down but i cant get up again. its also sore to get up from a sitting position. the pain is actually in my upper back mostly on my right side and under my arm. i dont want to go to my doctor in case its cancer and im scared.
Posted Mon, 8 Jul 2013 in Back Pain
Answered by Dr. Vaibhav Gandhi 48 minutes later

I have studied your case.

According to your history, it seems that you are having nerve impingement. Our spine has multiple nerves, which are supplying our whole body, due to disc bulge these nerves get compressed and leads pain, and spasm. Other causes are also possible, which include muscle sprain occurring due to exertional activity.

Another possibility of facet joint arthropathy , for which we will need clinical examination. So if possible, you consult an orthopaedic surgeon for clinical examination.

If you can provide more details about your symptoms, I will be better able to help you, like are you having pain, numbness in legs. Pain is aggravated on exertion.

When patient like you come to our clinic we advise X XXXXXXX spine and if required MRI spine. You will probably need painkiller and muscle relaxant.

Our patients find good relief with physiotherapy like INTERFERENCE THERAPY, ULTRASONIC THERAPY.

Hope I have answered your query, let me know if I can assist you further.