Back and neck pain, tension knots, stiff arm, bump in neck, shoulder blade stiff and swollen. Have tension headaches

When I was eighteen I notice I had back neck pain more like tension knots but it was never a real problem, I noticed I carry my stress in the back o my neck also by my hair line. One time like 8 years ago I had a golf size ball in back of my right side of head and it gradually went away. Two years ago I was faced with many problems and I noticed my right arm felt stiff and bumpy, as time went by and in 2011 when my mom passes away I notice a bump on my right side in the back by my neck, I look somewhat hunch back, I know I have gain wait but the funny is that this fatty bump changed my outer skin, where the bump is located it feels real smooth, I noticed that when I rubbed the bump I feel some kind of relief, I noticed my right shoulder blade has gotten real stiff and also a little swollen and there's a small pain on my arm and when I rub my arm it feels bumpy, I had some one give me a massage and then person told me the bump feels very hard but as she massage me i felt relief, she told me it felt like I had an excess of fatty tissue. My right upper shoulder feels swollen and when in rub it feels hard too. I also have tension headaches and when I do have them that bump in the back of my neck aches more
Posted Tue, 22 May 2012 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 6 hours later
Hello and thanks for the query
Although there are can be various reasons for the bump but the most common causes are
Simple cyst
Sebaceous cyst
You require a proper physical examination by a doctor and possible
CT of the bump
And biopsy if required
Once the diagnosis is made treatment can be decided.
Feeling more pain during tension headaches could be referred pain.
I hope to have answered your query however you can revert to me for any further query.
Thanks and best of luck.