Back and abdominal pain, numbness in keg, foam in stool, sore throat, rashes on body

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Apr 2014
Apr 2014

Radiologist
Question
Hello everyone, dont know what happened to me, i have following symptoms:-

Lower back pain
pain in hipbone radiating to legs and hands
Pain in neck and pain in head
irritation of eyes
pain in adbomen on right and left side both
sore throat
noticing white foam in stool as well
sometime numbness in legs
getting small rashes or boils in body
Pain in ankles and feet
pain in shoulders and arms
Not able to sleep and even lie down because of the pain in the lower back and hipbone on left side

doctor consutlation
doc-1 consulted, had test for hla b27 which was negative, started some medicine dont remeber the name for back pain

doc-2- had xrays, fusion in L4, l5, c7 but he said not to worry, gave me myoside, but have not imprved since then

doc-3- had looked at my old xrays, he says nothing to worry , nothing in xrays, but asked me to get certain test for R arthiritis, reports awaited

however, my problems are getting worst day by day and i feel like i am loosing immune system. please help or suggest.
thanks in advance

Posted Tue, 5 Nov 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects

Answered by Dr. Indu Kumar 6 hours later
Brief Answer:
You need MRI of L/S spine.

Detailed Answer:
Hello XXXXXXX
Thanks for writing to XXXXXXX

There may be various causes for your problem.
You need proper clinical examination and full investigation.

Investigations include routine hemogram,RBS,LFT,RFT,Lipid profile,Ultrasound of abdomen,Serum calcium level,Vitamin D3 level,Thyroid profile,X-ray L/S Spine AP/Lateral view,X-ray both hand (AP).RA factor is already awaited.Further investigations can be done if needed.
HLA B27 is already done and it is negative.
As you have backache and numbness in legs,you may have lumbar disc prolapse.MRI L/S spine is the choice of investigation.It can detect nerve involvement.

Proper treatment can be given after full investigation report and clinical examination.

Hope i have answered your query.
Get well soon.
Further queries are most welcome.

Take Care
Dr.Indu XXXXXXX

Follow-up: Back and abdominal pain, numbness in keg, foam in stool, sore throat, rashes on body 2 days later
Dear XXXXXXX

Thanks for reply..

I have uploaded some recent blood test reports, can you suggest something before the session closes, thanks in advance for your help!

Answered by Dr. Indu Kumar 59 minutes later
Brief Answer:
You can take ursodeoxycholic acid tablets.

Detailed Answer:
Hello XXXXXXX
Thanks for your query

Your report suggests deranged LFT.
SGPT and Bilirubin level in increased, so you can take tablet ursodeoxycholic acid 150 mg twice daily for three months. It will help in regeneration of liver cells.

Hope i have answered your query.
Get well soon.
Further queries are most welcome.

Take Care
Dr.Indu XXXXXXX

Follow-up: Back and abdominal pain, numbness in keg, foam in stool, sore throat, rashes on body 1 minute later
Am i prone to a heart disease as well, if you see my Lipid profile on the 2nd page and also my Vitamin D level is only 16 as per the reports attached..

Answered by Dr. Indu Kumar 16 minutes later
Brief Answer:
You can take Fenofibrate tablets and vitamin D3

Detailed Answer:
Hello XXXXXXX
Thanks for your query
Sorry I missed other pages.

Your report also suggests increased triglycerides level and decreased vitamin D level.
You can take tablet Fenofibrate (140 mg)once daily X continue. Repeat Lipid profile after 4 weeks.
For Vitamin D,You can take XXXXXXX of vitamin D3 once a week for 8 weeks along XXXXXXX warm milk at night. You should also expose yourself to sunlight.

You should also increase your physical workup in the form of exercise and walking.

Hope i have answered your query.
Get well soon.
Further queries are most welcome.

Take Care
Dr.Indu XXXXXXX