Back and abdominal pain after lifting heavy object. Taking Panadol and Rafen. How long will this last?

Jan 2013

Hi I lifted the top of a table made from granite which was very heavy and have had severve back pain and abdo pain with nause it happened on Saturday and it is now Thursday . I have been taking pandol osteo and then went to chemist yesterday and he gave me rafen tablets for pain and inflamation. How long will this last Thanks XXXXXXX
Posted Wed, 10 Apr 2013 in Back Pain
Answered by Dr. Mayank Bhargava 44 minutes later
Welcome to XXXXXXX forum.

Let me know your other associated symptoms along with mentioned.
Do you have acidic belching/ abdominal bloating/ excessive flatulence/ retro sternal burning pain?
Are you taking any other medication apart from mentioned?

With the available described symptoms, there could be possibility of muscle sprain induced by heavy lifting.
There appears to be least correlation between abdominal symptoms and granite stone lifting.
Abdominal symptoms could be due to dyspepsia induced by pandol osteo.

You should consult with XXXXXXX medicine specialist/ general surgeon and should go for thorough check up.
Other possibility could be minor hair line fracture or slipped disk problem.
You should go for x XXXXXXX of affected site on urgent basis to rule out possibility of fracture.

You should take complete bed rest till recovery.
You should take analgesics along with muscle relaxants (Rafen contains only ibuprofen), proton pump inhibitors along with prokinetics.
You should also apply hot fomentation at affected site for soothing effect.

Hope that helps.
Let me know your other query.
Take care,
Dr. Mayank Bhargava