Back ache,cervical mucous,cold,sinusitis,letoval

7-8 days post ovulation. Bad back ache for 2 days, followed by water cervical mucus one evening. Have sudden attack of cold (sneezing and running nose with headache) since yesterday. As mentioned I have a sinusitis problem but havent had an attack in a long time now and moreover this attack was sudden. Its my first month with Letoval and have been feeling very impatient with these symptoms. Please suggest what this indicates. Also need to mention we have been trying to conceive for last 6 months and my age is 30 (my husband's 31). Hence a bit concerned.
Posted Fri, 13 Apr 2012 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Minoo Bhagia 11 hours later
Hello ,
Thanks for your query
Letoval is an aromatase inhibitor which inhibits the conversion of androgens to estrogen and lowers the estradiol level thus causing feedback from pituitary to induce FSH for ovulation.It is different from clomiphene citrate as it induces monofollicular growth.
Regarding your symptoms like sinusitis and allergy are not related to this and you can take Montair Lcz tablet and Paracetamol and should do steam inhalation with karvol capsules.
Antibiotics should be avoided till you are sure of your negative test for pregnancy.
Cervical mucous can increase due to ovulation , nothing to worry about that.
I advice you to go for follicular studies and hormonal tests.
Letoval 5 mgm gives better results.
Any further query is most welcome
Best wishes