Baby's hand shivers when sleeping. Please advise

My 7 months old baby hand shivers while he asleep. (more of right hand). Shivering last for XXXXXXX 2 seconds. Pls advice.
Also forgot to ask you that his head has started getting flat near right side.
Posted Sun, 23 Sep 2012 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 5 hours later
It seems you are very closely observing the child, I appreciate that.
Such involuntary movements are common during sleep and because children have more movements as such as compared to grown ups.
These movements are called physiological myoclonus and are absolutely normal occurrence.
Keep watching them during the wake state, if movements occur and child becomes dumb during that time then they bear importance.
I think you should be relaxed on this account.
Hope I have answered your query.
If you have any further questions I will be happy to answer.
Please close the query if you have no other questions.
Wish you a good health.
Follow-up: Baby's hand shivers when sleeping. Please advise 2 hours later
Thank u Dr for your reply. Appreciate

Also would like to ask you, my son head has started getting flat. We asked his local dr and she told us to use horse shoe shape pillow. I wasn't happy with the pillow available in the local market so I specially ordered mimos pillow (which they say are specially for flat head)
My concern is as my son has started tumbling would the head take its proper position on his own.
My son basically sleeps only on his back. Flatness of head is more on centre and slightly on right hand side.
Please advice me what precautions should I take so that the head gets normal round shape.
He is patently 7 months.
Please advice me the best solution as I am really worried about his flat head.
Thank You
Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 2 hours later
Welcome to healthcare Magic!
So sorry this part of query I just missed from your first question itself.
The head of the child would be round only, the shape of head can not alter by postures.
Babies have soft scalp which is a bit thicker then their size and highly compressible but the bone underneath is resilient and firm.
You can put a pillow of square shape but the head will ultimately grow round only.
It is the genetics that would affect it.
I hope your doubts would be resolved.