Baby was premature born in 7th month. Need to start formula milk for baby. Suggest?

My baby was a premi baby born in 7th month. Now he is 8months old baby.(7months completed). His weight would be now 7kgs approx and height of 65cm.. Iam a software engineer. Iam planning to rejoin office from september1st. Need to start formula milk now for my baby. My doc advised to go for dexolac premimu (stage1). Would like to know further info on this. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thank You
Posted Sun, 8 Sep 2013 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Y V Siva Sankara Murty 1 hour later
Brief Answer:

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for writing to health care magic.
I can understand your concern.

Most important thing I wanted to convey to you is you should continue to breast feed your baby. Please do so till your baby is 2 year old. This is important to your baby in various aspects. Brain grows till 2 years and breast feeding helps that.

After the age of six months your baby is ready to accept solids. Please start solid feeds. Major solid feeds should be given thrice daily. Initially start with small quantity and increase daily.

In between snacks in the form of smashed banana, boiled potato etc should be given. Try one new substance per week. In between you can also breast feed your baby. Formula if required can also be given as advised by your doctor.

Please do not use a bottle to formula feed your baby. Instead use a glass and spoon.

Continue to ask further queries as required.
Hope this helps.
Dr Y V Siva Sankara Murty
Associate Professor of Pediatrics
Follow-up: Baby was premature born in 7th month. Need to start formula milk for baby. Suggest? 29 hours later
My kid seems to be having cross-eyed. Just want to know when this will become normal.. Elaborate on this.. Expecting a positive reply.. I hope you can understand my concern..
Answered by Dr. Y V Siva Sankara Murty 10 hours later
Brief Answer:
Physical examination is required for the same.

Detailed Answer:

First a physical examination is required if there is any squint present or not. So examination by a ophthalmologist will help to identify if there is any problem. Further action can be taken depending on the examination findings.