Baby was given expired Q-pap drops for fever. What are the side effects?
User rating for this question
Hello, I gave my 11 month-old baby 0.8ml of expired Q-pap infant drops because she has a fever, and the medicine has expired for 3 months. what are the side effect of that? Thanks!
Posted Tue, 26 Nov 2013 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Arun 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Do not worry she will be fine Detailed Answer: Hi Thanks for writing to healthcare magic. Most of the drugs approved by FDA have more shelf life few months to be exact from the date if expiry Q pap should not cause any problem as it is not biological product like insulin. Your kid may get some vomiting or loose stools but the chances are very low. Fever might not come down, you can repeat another dose from new bottle after 4 hours if fever doesn't go down. Wishing your kid good health Dr Arun
People also viewed
- What are the side effects of a fever
- Causes of loose fibrous stools
- Zentel fever side effects
- Smelly phlegm in throat
- Soda gives me phlegm
- Is high fever a side effect of orajel baby?
- Can finasteride cause green stool
- Sore throat with phlem and white tongue
- Permanent scintillating scotoma solution
- Virus that cause a ongoing fever
- Side effect dengue fever
- Virus causes fever and yellow stool toddler
- Phlebitis and red wine
- Can high fever be side effect of polio drops
- What causes pale yellow flaky stools