Baby sweats a lot. What should be done?

My Son is 6 Months old. He gets so much sweat (perspiration), when he is sleeping on ihs back and back of his head, even though AC is also working. Request your assistance please.
Posted Mon, 18 Nov 2013 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Nervousness or Autonomic overactivity

Detailed Answer:

there are many causes for excessive sweating, simplest amongst being nervousness which is the common cause in children. This will wear of over time needing no intervention.

But I would consider it better for him to be examined by a neurologist to rule out any other cause for such excessive sweating.

Do use a Aluminium chloride based antiperspirant. This will reduce the sweating.