Baby shaking whole body like rubber. Body is light heat. Prescribed with colimex df drops. Suggest the dosage?

My son was ten days baby he is some time shaking his whole body like rubber . And his body his getted light heat . For that doctor describe colimex df drops.for how many days we want to give doctor
Posted Fri, 8 Nov 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Manjeth Kumar G 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Either rigor or Seizure. Investigation needed.

Detailed Answer:
Welcome to XXXXXXX

I have gone through your query and understand your concern.

Your son may have either rigor or seizures.

Rigor is is an episode of shaking or exaggerated shivering which can occur with a high fever.
Seizure is literally called fits. It is the physical findings or changes in behavior that occur after an episode of abnormal electrical activity in the brain.

It is difficult to differentiate by normal person.

Colimax is given to control rigor and muscle contraction.
It is also helpful in abdominal pain in infants.

Rigor should not be ignored. Because it may occur in fever and bacterial infection.
There are plenty of causes for rigor.

But main thing we have to think is to differentiate it from seizure.

Most of the seizure is usually a febrile seizure in infants. Only very few need continuous treatment with anti epileptics.
If it is a febrile fits, then reducing the temperature is important is vital by taking Paracetamol like drugs.

If it is a rigor, then we have to consider further investigations like blood test and urine test.

Hope this helps.
Please reply for further queries.
Follow-up: Baby shaking whole body like rubber. Body is light heat. Prescribed with colimex df drops. Suggest the dosage? 17 hours later
for how many days we want to give colimex df drops . he is cough often . how to control cold for my son
Answered by Dr. Manjeth Kumar G 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
For a week. Exclusive breast feeding.

Detailed Answer:

Colimex is usually given up to 2 times a day for a week.

But i usually do not advise colimex to my patients. Because it may some time cause constipation. I used to recommend this for children older than 6 months.

As far as your child cold is concerned, Exclusive Breast feeding the only thing i would recommend. It passes mother antibodies (chemicals in our body that fight infections) to your baby.

Child immunity is not fully developed at this age. They used to get infections frequently.
Usually the cold will go off in a week or 10 days. You do not need to worry about that.
Ensure exclusive breast feeding for your child.
If your child have difficulty in breathing while feeding or sleeping, I will prescribe Nasal Half saline drops.

If your child have any severe breathing difficulty or high fever, He may need antibiotics. Then you need to consult a pediatrician.

Hope this helps.
Please reply for further queries.
Wishing you good helath.