Baby prescribed with antibiotics for cold and sore throat. Having wheezing problem. Could I give ivy syrup?

Pediatrician, Pulmonology
Hi Dr XXXXXXX My 10 month baby had a cold (runny nose ,sore throuat ,cough) the doctor perscribed her an antibiotic for the sore throuat,and another medicine to reduce the cold symptoms ,now she is much better ,,no runny nose any more. but her chest is wheezing most of the time since wednesday but no much cough ,the snot is colorless,no fever and her activity is perfect What do you think ?is that the related to the cold?could the ivy syrup make her better?I'm grateful Doctor your answers always help
Posted Fri, 22 Nov 2013 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Arun 10 hours later
Brief Answer: You can give ivy syrup Detailed Answer: Hi Thanks for writing to health care magic. It'd common for kids at this age to get wheezing after cold episodes. But you need not worry . It's related to cold but usually goes off in a few days. If your kid is active as you had mentioned, with no fever, just ivy syrup or any other bronchodilator syrup can help. Ivy syrup at 2.5 ml twice daily can be given for upto a week. If wheezing doesn't settle then you need to consult your local physician. Wishing your daughter speedy recovery. Regards Dr Arun