Baby oil on vulva,allergy,swollen labia majora,bleeding,neosporin,painful

General Surgeon
Question
two weeks after my delivery, I start applying baby oil to my vulva. The day after I use the baby oil, my legs and labia major are allergy, my labia majora is swollen and it is now bleeding (it is only light bleeding) I have used neosporin and use warm bath for a week, but it doesn't help, it is so painful, is there any drugs or cream I can use? Thanks
Posted Tue, 1 May 2012 in Women's Health

Answered by Dr. Rajinder Bajoria 21 minutes later

Your descrpition looks like Post delivery allergic to baby oil with swollen and bleeding labia majora .

It needs anti allergic ointment or cream containing antibacterial ,anti-fungal and steroids. Depending upon the availability, you may discuss about this problem. Perhaps a physical examination can determine the cause.
Neosporin alone will won`t work.

You also need oral or systemic anti allergic drug.

‘Hope I have answered your query, I will be available to answer your follow up queries,

“Wish you Good Health and trouble free speedy recovery”

Follow-up: Baby oil on vulva,allergy,swollen labia majora,bleeding,neosporin,painful 2 hours later
Thank you so much, could you reecomend me some anti allergic ointment or cream and oral drugs that I can buy over the counter? Thanks a lot.

Answered by Dr. Rajinder Bajoria 6 hours later

Thanks for the follow up.

You can use Actidil syrup or capsules for the inflammation and allergy.

You can apply Caldecort cream,since you are breast feeding do not overuse it.

Stop using any oil to the area, keep it dry or else you will be prone to infections.

Anti histamines or anti allergic are available in many form & and variety, you can choose after opinion of local medical person.

‘Hope I have answered your query, “Wish you Good Health and trouble free speedy recovery”